1. Data Controller
PocketzWorld Inc.. 360 Langton Street, Suite 100 San Francisco, CA 94103
2. Name of the Register
Highrise Customer Database
3. The Purpose For Processing Your Data and the Use of Our Register
We use Customer Data (defined below) and other data about you for the following purposes:
- Administering and maintaining the customer relationship with our customers and operating the Service.
- If the customer has agreed, to sending newsletters and other information (including marketing information) about Highrise and other Highrise products.
- For keeping Highrise safe and other administrative and safety reasons, e.g. investigating fraud and other criminal actions and helping the police with the investigations.
- Complying with applicable law, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, cooperating with requests by government and by third parties that allege their rights have been violated.
- Planning and developing our business activities, as well as our affiliates and subsidiaries, with the help of different research methods.
- Serving you content and advertising directly, as well as through our affiliates and subsidiaries and our relationships with third-party vendors.
4. Content of the Register
“Customer Data” includes
- E-mail address.
- IP-address, and other persistent identifiers (“Device Identifiers”).
- Date of birth.
- Facebook user ID if user connects with Facebook Connect.
- Apple ID if user connects via an Apple device.
“Usage Data” (transaction information, usage behavior and preferences, purchase information, access logs, moderation actions). Chat Log. We may log chats for safety and moderation reasons Submissions. Content and other data you submit to us.
5. Regular Sources of Information
Data is collected through customers’ interaction with us, including our affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as by third-party vendors, including without limitation:
- completion of online forms (such as the registration form).
- participation in contests and surveys.
- subscription for certain newsletters and enhanced services.
- posting of messages to the message boards and chat services.
- emails or other communications with us.
- Tracking Technologies (defined below) such as cookies and web beacons.
6. Regular Destinations of Disclosed Data and Whether the Data is Transferred to Countries Outside the United States.
We do not regularly disclose data to third parties, except to our affiliates and third parties we engage to provide services for us (e.g., site development, operations and moderation). Some of these third parties such as analytics providers, advertising services providers and advertisers, may collect data from you themselves via our Service or services, but we are not responsible for them and their own privacy policies govern their practices. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the data may be disclosed to police or other authorities, or to third parties alleging a violation of their rights, if required or allowed by the law. Information may also be disclosed for research and marketing purposes if the customer has given a consent for such disclosure. Your data may also be disclosed to financial institutions, and authorities and our payment partners in specific cases when a fraud is inspected as well as to the payment partners as part of the normal payment process and risk management. Furthermore, the data may be transferred to other companies within Highrise. We may transfer information that we collect about you to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union / European Economic Area, or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring information, including Customer Data, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to the transfer of information to the U.S. and the use and disclosure of information about you, including personal information, as described in this Policy.
7. The Principles of How the Data File / Register is Secured
Access to Highrise data relating to our customers is granted to Highrise employees or contractors if reasonably required by their work duties. Access is controlled through security procedures such as by using individual Highrise-issued certificates and user-names/passwords and logging data access and actions. Although we take measures to secure your data, no data security is without risk and we cannot guarantee security and you transmit data to us at your own risk.
You must be 13 years or older to create a Highrise account. Accounts being used by children under the age of 13 may be subject to a permanent ban. Please note that it is your responsibility to make sure that children below the age requirements do not have access to your account. Our Service is a general audience website intended for customers 13 and over and we do not intend to collect personal information from customers under the age of 13. If you are a U.S. parent and suspect your child under 13 years of age has submitted Customer Data to us, contact us by emailing us at email@example.com.
10. Information Third Parties Provide About You
11. Information You Provide About a Third Party
You may send someone else a communication from the Service, such as sending an invitation to a friend on the condition that you have the consent of such person. If so, the information you provide (names, e-mail addresses, mobile number, etc.) is used to facilitate the communication and is not used by us for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person or we explicitly say otherwise. Please be aware that when you use any send-to-a-friend functionality on our Service, your e-mail address, mobile number, name or user-name, and message may be included in the communication sent to your addressee(s). Some of these tools may be third-party tools subject to third-party privacy policies as further detailed in Section 12.
12. Interactions with Third-Party Sites, Apps and Content
13. You May Request Changes to the Information We Collect About You and Set Communication Preferences
Highrise takes reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties. Although we make good faith efforts to store the customer information collected on the Service in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public (excepting information you have posted publicly on the Service), we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining access to this information. We do not warrant or represent that your information will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
16. How To Contact Us